THE JUNCTION LAUNCHES SEARCH FOR DREAM ROLE: AN OFFICIAL TOY TESTER
~ Successful candidate will win a year’s supply of toys~
Antrim’s largest shopping and leisure destination, The Junction, has today launched a recruitment campaign for arguably its most exciting role ever – the centre’s first ever official toy tester.
The dream job will see one child, between the ages of 5-12, secure a 12 month contract with the retail scheme, which will involve visiting leading on-site toy retailer, The Entertainer, three times across the year to test and review the latest seasonal toys, starting this Christmas period.
Desirable skills include an enthusiastic, can-do approach; no Lego build is too challenging, and no amount of playdough is too messy. In exchange for the toy tester’s valued knowledge and expertise on sussing out which toys top the toy-o-meter, the new recruit will receive a year’s supply of toys from The Entertainer.
Commenting on the quest to find a suitable candidate, Chris Flynn, centre director of The Junction said:
“Since the arrival of The Entertainer last year, many of our customers have commented that they simply don’t know where to start upon entering the store due to the abundance of choice. We’re on the lookout for a suitable candidate who knows their stuff; from constructing toys from scratch and rating the latest products, to sharing their top picks for customers on our social channels.
“We recognise it’s been an unsettling year for children with the pandemic affecting school closures and preventing them from seeing their friends at times, so we are very excited to offer this amazing opportunity for one lucky child to be a part of and give them something to look forward to.”
To submit an application for the role of ‘The Junction Toy Tester’, parents/guardians should send a short video of their child listing their name, age, hometown and a short explanation on what their favourite toy is to The Junction’s Facebook profile (via private message) @TheJunctionAntrim, or by email via email@example.com.
Applications will close on Tuesday 24th November at 5pm. The winner will be announced on Wednesday 25th November.
To find out more, visit: www.thejunctionshopping.com or connect with The Junction on Facebook at; The Junction Retail and Leisure Park, on Instagram @thejunctionantrim or on Twitter @JunctionAntrim
Terms and Conditions:
· The ‘Toy Tester’ role is only applicable for children aged between 5-12 (at time of submission).
· Video applications must state full name, age at time of submission, hometown, and a brief explanation of child’s favourite toy.
· Applications will only be accepted via video
· Applications must be submitted before 5pm on Tuesday 24th November. No late entries will be accepted.
· Parent / guardians of applicants must consent to child featuring in promotional content (video / photo call) that will be shared in public domain i.e. The Junction’s social channels and website and local media
· The winning applicant must be available to come to The Junction in the evening of 1st December / 2nd December between the hours of 6pm – 8pm for promotional content to be captured.
· Dates will be agreed with parent / guardian of child for additional store visits to ‘review toys.’
· The prize value is £300 of free toys from The Entertainer – to be capped at £100 spend per visit 3 x per year (2020/2021)